Please see below for the Spring 2020 attendance & make up policy and contact email@example.com with any questions!
Training Certification Options
There are two certification path options for your B4C 200-Hour training:
- Dual Certification: Breathe For Change Wellness Champion + 200 Hour Certified Yoga Teacher (CYT 200) Certification, recognized by Yoga Alliance
- Breathe For Change Wellness Champion Certification only
We highly encourage you to plan on attending your entire training and to only miss training days if you have pre-existing commitments and/or emergencies. We understand that life happens so we do allow for some missed hours for the Wellness Champion Certification and offer a few make up options if you are pursuing the dual certification.
Attendance & Make Up Policy
Our attendance & make up policy is dependent on the certification you plan on earning:
- Dual Certification: B4C Wellness Champion + 200 Hour Certified Yoga Teacher Certification (CYT 200): You’re able to miss up to 20 hours of training as long as your absences follow our guidelines described below. HOWEVER, YOU MUST MAKE UP ALL MISSED HOURS. Yoga Alliance requires you to complete 180 in-person contact hours to receive your CYT 200 certification. You have until August 31, 2021 to complete your make-up hours if needed.
- B4C Wellness Champion Certification: You are allowed to miss up to 30 hours of training without needing to make-up any hours, as long as your absences follow our guidelines described below.
If you are working to achieve your dual certification, absences cannot include more than 2 of the same content sessions (e.g., Asana, Breathe For Change Workshops, Meditation, SEL*F, Philosophy, Anatomy, Evening Practice or Community Groups).
If you miss more than 20 hours or more than two of the same content session, you may continue to participate in the training and earn a B4C Wellness Champion Certification, but you will not be eligible for dual certification.
If you miss more than 40 hours of training, you might be asked to stop attending the training.
B4C Wellness Champion Eligibility
If you miss more than 30 hours of training, you are not eligible for a B4C Wellness Champion certification as a result of this training. You have the option to retake the training in full for a fee.
Dual Certification: B4C Wellness Champion + 200 Hour Certified Yoga Teacher Certification (CTY 200) Eligibility
If you miss more than two of the same content session or you have NOT completed all your make up hours by August 31, 2021, then you are not eligible for Yoga Alliance 200-hour CYT certification as a result of this training. You have the option to retake the training in full for a fee.
Make Up Options
If you plan on receiving your dual certification, you can make up a maximum of 20 hours of training through these options:
- *Spring 2020 ONLY: Watch the recording of the live session that you missed or watch a Lunch & Learn and submit the related assignment to your regional training email.
- Lunch & Learns: Attend 45-minute sessions over lunch during scheduled training days. Approximately 14 lunch sessions are available during your training.
- A Future B4C Training: Attend sessions during a future Summer 2020 or 2021 training. When planning your make up time, please keep the following in mind:
- B4C cannot guarantee that there will be a training in your city in Summer 2020 or 2021.
- B4C requests that trainees do not attend a future training on Day 1, Day 4, Day 6, and Day 18 due to the nature of activities on those days.
- B4C curriculum is improved each training season. We can't guarantee that the content covered during your missed days of training will take place on the same day of a future training.
- 1-1 Session with B4C Trainer: Hire a Breathe For Change trainer to conduct a 1-1 session with you for hours missed. A mutually agreed upon location within 30 minutes of the trainer will be used to facilitate these make-up hours. 1-1 sessions are $60 an hour with a minimum of $120 per session.