Please see below for the Summer 2019 certification eligibility & attendance policy and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Training Certification Options
You have the opportunity to earn two certifications as part of the B4C training, upon the successful completion of all certification requirements:
- A Breathe For Change Wellness Champion Certification
- A 200-Hour Certified Yoga Teacher (CYT-200) Certification, recognized by the Yoga Alliance
We highly encourage you to plan on attending your entire training and to only miss training days if you have pre-existing commitments and/or emergencies. We understand that life happens so we do allow for some missed hours for the Wellness Champion Certification and offer a few make-up options if you are pursuing the CYT-200 Certification.
Attendance & Make-Up Policy
Our attendance & make-up policy is dependent on the certification you plan on earning:
- 200-Hour Certified Yoga Teacher Certification (CYT-200): You’re able to miss up to 20 hours of training as long as your absences follow our guidelines described below BUT YOU MUST MAKE UP ALL MISSED HOURS. The Yoga Alliance requires you to complete 180 in-person contact hours to receive your CYT-200 certification. You have until August 31, 2020 to complete your make-up hours if needed.
- B4C Wellness Champion Certification: You are allowed to miss up to 20 hours of training without needing to make-up any hours as long as your absences follow our guidelines described below.
If you are working to achieve either certification, absences cannot include more than 2 of the same content sessions (e.g., Morning Practice, Breathe For Change Workshops, Meditation, Philosophy, Anatomy, Asana, SEL*F, or Community Groups)
If you miss more than 20 hours or more than two of the same content session, you may continue to participate in the training, but you will not be eligible for either certification.
If you miss more than 40 hours of training, you might be asked to stop attending the training.
B4C Wellness Champion Eligibility
If you miss more than 20 hours and/or more than two of the same content session, you are not eligible for a B4C Wellness Champion certification as a result of this training.You have the option to retake the training in full for a tuition fee of $495.
200-Hour Certified Yoga Teacher Certification (CTY-200) Eligibility
If you miss more than two of the same content session or you have NOT completed all your make-up hours by August 31, 2020, then you are not eligible for Yoga Alliance 200-hour CYT certification as a result of this training. You have the option to retake the training in full for a tuition fee of $495.
Make-Up Options - Summer 2019
If you plan on receiving your CYT-200 certification, you can make up a maximum of 20 hours of training through these options:
- Lunch & Learns: Attend 1-hour sessions over lunch during scheduled training days. Approximately 14 lunch sessions are available during your training.
- A Future B4C Training: Attend sessions during a Spring or Summer 2020 training. When planning your make up time, please keep the following in mind:
- B4C cannot guarantee that there will be a training in your city in Spring or Summer 2020.
- B4C requests that trainees do not attend a future training on Day 1, Day 4, Day 6, and Day 18 due to the nature of activities on those days.
- 1-1 Session with B4C Trainer: Hire a Breathe For Change trainer to conduct a 1-1 session with you for hours missed. A mutually agreed upon location within 30 minutes of the trainer will be used to facilitate these make-up hours. 1-1 sessions are $50 an hour with a minimum of $100 per session.