Please see below for the Spring 2019 certification eligibility and attendance policy and contact firstname.lastname@example.org with any questions!
Training Certification Options
You have the opportunity to earn two certifications as part of the B4C training:
- A Breathe For Change Wellness Champion Certification
- A 200-Hour Certified Yoga Teacher (CYT-200) Certification, recognized by the Yoga Alliance
We highly encourage you to plan on attending your entire training and to only miss training days if you have pre-existing commitments and/or emergencies. We understand that life happens so we do allow for some missed hours for the Wellness Champion Certification and offer a few make-up options.
Training Attendance & Make-Up Policy
Our attendance & make-up policy is dependent on the certification you plan on earning:
200-Hour Certified Yoga Teacher Certification (CYT-200): You’re able to miss up to 20 hours of training BUT YOU MUST MAKE-UP ALL MISSED HOURS. The Yoga Alliance requires you to complete 180 in-person contact hours to receive your CYT-200 certification. Our make-up options are listed below. You have 9 months from the end of your training to complete your make-up hours if needed.
B4C Wellness Champion Certification: You are allowed to miss up to 20 hours of training without needing to make-up any hours as long as your absences follow our other guidelines.
For either certification, absences cannot include more than 2 of the same content sessions (e.g., Morning Practice, Breathe For Change Workshops, Meditation, Philosophy, Anatomy, Asana, SEL*F, or Community Groups)
If you miss more than 20 hours and/or more than two of the same content session, you may continue to participate in the training, but you will not be eligible for either certification. If you miss more than 40 hours of training, you may be asked to stop attending the training.
B4C Wellness Champion Eligibility
If you miss more than 20 hours and/or more than two of the same content session, you are not eligible for a B4C Wellness Champion certification as a result of this training. You have the option to retake the training in full for an administrative cost of $495.
200-Hour Certified Yoga Teacher Certification (CTY-200) Eligibility
If you miss more than two of the same content session or you have NOT completed all your make-up hours within 9 months of the end of your training, you are not eligible for Yoga Alliance 200-hour CYT certification as a result of this training. You have the option to retake the training in full for a tuition fee of $495.
Make-Up Options - Spring 2019
If you plan on receiving your CYT-200 certification, you can make up a maximum of 20 hours of training through these options:
- Lunch & Learns: You can make up contact hours during scheduled training days by attending 1-hour sessions over lunch. Approximately 14 lunch sessions are available during training.
- Future B4C Training: Attend sessions in a Summer 2019 B4C training. When planning your make up time, please keep the following in mind:
- B4C requests that trainees do not attend a future training on Day 1, Day 4, Day 6, and Day 18 due to the nature of activities on those days.
- Hire a B4C Trainer: Hire a Breathe For Change trainer to conduct a 1-1 session with you for hours missed. A mutually agreed upon location within 30 minutes of the trainer will be used to facilitate these make-up hours. 1-1 sessions are $50 an hour with a minimum of $100 per session.